Random things from Today:
1. It is crazy how misunderstandings happen and things spin out of control. Communication is key.
2. Have you seen these 8 Superfoods You Probably Aren’t Eating. – I eat 4 of them regular lately! Hemp seeds, adzukzi beans (my favorite bean!), kukicha tea, and grapefruit. I love looking at lists like this and counting up a good number that make appearances in my diet.
3. Homemade pizza > take out pizza. And it has been far too long. bb and I used to love to make homemade pizza together on Friday nights. Gotta get back to that before I leave.
4. I also need to make these Popeye Cakes with Curry Avocado Sauce
6. I have always liked Reese Witherspoon, but this quote I heard from her recently makes me love her!
“There will always be someone prettier or skinnier than you, but funny never sags” – Reese Witherspoon
Right on girl! It is ultimately about your personality and skills, not looks.
7. Why are guys always clipping their nails in public or in their office?? I have never decided to clip my nails anywhere but the bathroom?
8. My homemade cashew cookie bar may taste better than it’s larabar counterpart.
Homemade Cashew Cookie Bar
These bars are 3 ingredients (1 optional) and take 5 minutes to make. Not to mention much cheaper and the size of the bar is customizable. All you need is a small food processor.
bb does not like larabars, but really enjoyed these. He says it may be the best thing I’ve whipped up yet. I was pleasantly surprised when I tasted them as well. I did this on a whim and was not sure what to expect from it.
Time – 5 minutes
Yield – 2 bars ( can easily increase recipe, but this was an experiment for me)
- 1/4 cup scant, unpacked whole raw cashews (my measuring cup was barely reaching full – so not an entire 1/4 cup)
- 2 large dates – chopped
- sprinkle of unsweetened, shredded coconut (optional)
- Add all ingredients and blend into a paste
- Form into balls, bars, hearts, etc
- Store in freezer/refrigerator
The calories and size are about that of a mini larabar. I store mine in the freezer and take it out either a few minutes before I want to eat or put it in my bag for a quick energy boosting snack. Yum. Tastes like a candy bar to me I can’t wait to experiment with this some more.
What is your favorite larabar flavor? Or if you made your own what would it be? I may have made a fun one for my pen pal this month, but y’all will have to wait until the reveal for deets.
Do you eat any of those super foods? I’ve had jerusalem artichokes in a restaurant and loved them, but I’ve been meaning to cook with them myself.
Any random thoughts to share??