Today is definitely a rainy, gloomy, hot breakfast and second cup of coffee type of morning.
- 1/3 C. Bob’s Red Mill 5 Grain Hot cereal + flax
- cooked for 10 minutes with 1 cup water
- added 1 small mashed banana during cooking
- plus cinnamon and vanilla an dash of sea salt
- 1/4 cup skim milk added at the end of cooking
- topped with 1/2 T fresh ground almond butter
I am dragging this morning, so I have decided to borrow an idea from a facebook friend (hope she doesn’t mind!). She posted a song for “feeling good” on Friday. I’m taking this idea to the beginning of the week. A little tune to get you dancing and start your week off right. I think this will be a regular feature here on Freckles & Spice.
David Bowie – Golden Years
Last Thing – Project Think Positive Updates
Last Week was Week 2 and the challenge was to turn a negative into a positive action for someone else.
I do not really know if I turned a negative into anything but here are some actions I witnessed through out the week:
– A fruit stand vendor let one of the regular homeless men outside Bellevue Hospital take something for free. This actually made me think I should pay for en extra piece of fruit sometimes and let one of them pick something out
– Bryan was telling me how hard it is to examine someone while having to use the translator phones because they do not speak english. At first he thought it is was hopeless, but now he is really taking his time to try and word things probably and give them the best advice and care he can despite the language barrier. He says Chinese Mandarin is the most difficult. It is hard to find words and phrases that correlate.
-I gave my seat at the movies to an older woman with a walker when no one else was moving for her.
Looking forward to see what the Week Three Challenge will be.
Have you witnessed any positive actions recently??
“Attitudes are contagious. Are yours worth catching?” -Unknown