Happy August! This year is flying by. I love that Fall is coming, but that means winter is shortly behind *shudder*
July was a decent month. Here is what I learned/discovered in July:
1) Blogging makes me happy. I came back after a month hiatus. I found that blogging takes up a lot of time, but I was happier doing it than not. Blogging is beneficial to me, because writing helps me find myself, and it makes me reflect on my life and if I am living each day the way I want to.
2) Facing Fears is Good! – I joined a run club after debating about it since March. I bought a ticket to the Healthy Living summit. It is not for another 3 weeks, but I have already made connections with other bloggers and found so many great new ones. I rode my bike cross-town and can’t wait to make it regular part of my commuting around the city.
3) Twitter is awesome! – I am slightly obsessed actually.
4) Americano coffee – This is espresso diluted with equal parts water. Sounds gross, but it is great. The espresso has a bolder, richer flavor that drip coffee and has less caffeine. 75 mg per shot, compared with about 150 mg in a Starbucks tall.
Now, I have to keep the momentum going for August. My August goals:
1) Half Marathon training – I think I’m going to do it. Registration opened today and I think I’m going to bite the bullet and take on the Staten Island Half. That gives me 10 weeks….ekkk!
2) Yoga 1-2 a week. If my joints are going to hold up for the race. I am going to need this. I did good during June then not so much
3) Get back to strength training 2-3 times per week. Summer fun has taken a toll on my routine.
4) Get back to meal planning/cooking at home. With the heat, Bryan and I started eating out wayyy too much again. And I have some great new recipes up my sleeve I want to try.
5) Work on photography – My blog pictures are either eh or non-existent.
August 1st, so far so good! I woke up this morning and went for a 2.25 mile run. Honestly, my legs were so stiff I’m surprised I made it anywhere. But I have a goal and I’m going to stick to it! And I ate every meal at home!
Breakfast Yogurt Bowl: 0% plain chobani, ¼ wegman’s high fiber cereal, 1/3 c NP Mesa Sunrise Flakes, 6 raspberries.
Lunch: Tempeh Sandwich – 2 thin slices green market sunflower millet bread, 2 left over slices of tempeh, kalamata olive hummus, spinach, broccoli slaw, and the piece de resistance a sriracha half sour pickle from Pickle Guys in the LES.
Soba noodles are good carbs!
o They are made with buckwheat, which a complex (slow digested) carb.
o They have 200 calories per serving.
o 1.5 grams of fat
o 38 grams of those good carbs
o 0 grams of sugar
o 8g of protein
What are something you learned in July? Do you have any goals for August?